2013 ES Department
of the Year Competition
Health Facilities Management (HFM) magazine and the Association for the Healthcare Environment (AHE) invite you to enter the 2013 Environmental Services (ES) Department of the Year competition, sponsored by CINTAS.
Thank you for your interest in entering the 2013 ES Department of the Year competition. There have been several important modifications in the program this year that we want to make you aware of as you begin to assemble your application.
These changes include:
- For the first time, there will be three eligible categories for winning entries based on the bed size of the individual hospital. The categories are:
—Under 150 beds
—150 to 450 beds
—More than 450 beds
The judges will decide whether there is an appropriate winner in each category.
- All applications must be for a single hospital. Health systems may create separate applications for more than one of their facilities; the entry, however, cannot be based on performance of the entire health system.
- We have added a requirement that applicants submit a copy of their HCAHPS scores report covering patients who reported that their room and bathroom were "Always" clean. In addition, we are requiring a copy of the reporting tool (showing scoring) that is used to measure patient satisfaction (e.g., Press Ganey, NCR Picker, Healthstream, Avatar, etc.). Please note: These documents will be used solely to confirm accuracy of reported scores and will remain CONFIDENTIAL.
We trust that all of these changes will enhance the accuracy and fairness of the program in recognizing the top-performing ES Departments across the country. Thank you, and we hope to receive your completed entry by the May 24, 2013, deadline.
» Winning Entry Examples
» Previous Winner Articles
- Read about the 2012 ES Department of the Year
- Read about the 2011 ES Department of the Year
- Read about the 2010 ES Department of the Year
- Read about the 2009 ES Department of the Year
- Read about the 2008 ES Department of the Year
- Read about the 2007 ES Department of the Year