HFM Daily offers blog coverage by the award-winning HFM editorial team and links to in-depth information on health care design, construction, engineering, environmental services, operations and technology. You can read HFM Daily stories on this page or subscribe to Health Facilities Management This Week for a Friday roundup of the week's posts.
Environmental Services (ES) Competition
- Entries will be categorized based on the bed size of the individual hospital. Each category will have one winner and honorable mentions.
- All applications must be for a single hospital. Health systems may create separate applications for more than one of their facilities; the entry, however, cannot be based on performance of the entire health system.
- Applicants are required to submit a copy of their HCAHPS scores report covering patients who reported that their room and bathroom were "Always" clean. In addition, we are requiring a copy of the reporting tool (showing scoring) that is used to measure patient satisfaction (e.g., Press Ganey, NCR Picker, Healthstream, Avatar, etc.).
Please note: These documents will be used solely to confirm accuracy of reported scores and will remain CONFIDENTIAL.
- Complete the entire 2018 ES Department of the Year entry form, answering ALL 18 questions. Be sure to include all applicant contact information.
- Provide "before" and "after" data to validate successes and performance improvements achieved (e.g., baseline patient satisfaction scores on room cleanliness and scores for succeeding years to illustrate improvement).
- Send your completed form to AHE at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 8, 2018.
Winning Entry Examples
Read about the Previous Winner Articles
- 2017 ES Departments of the Year
- 2016 ES Departments of the Year
- 2015 ES Department of the Year
- 2014 ES Department of the Year
- 2013 ES Department of the Year
- 2012 ES Department of the Year
- 2011 ES Department of the Year
- 2010 ES Department of the Year