Image courtesy of Columbus Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Association for the Health Care Environment (AHE) EXCHANGE 2018 annual educational conference will be Sept. 23-26 in Columbus, Ohio, with a program featuring an extensive lineup of general sessions, educational opportunities, networking events and more.
Attracting more than 500 health care professionals with a stake in the environment of care, the EXCHANGE 2018 schedule includes learning labs led by experts who specialize in leadership-focused content for environmental services (ES) professionals on such topics as reducing health care-associated infections (HAIs), uncovering hidden supply chain costs and pharmaceutical waste regulations; a solution center-based exhibition of products and services that focuses on learning, knowledge exchange, peer-to-peer networking and relationship building; and a conference-within-a-conference with a spotlight on innovation and transformation in health care.
AHE is a professional membership group of the American Hospital Association and the organization of choice for professionals responsible for caring for the patient and resident care environment across all settings, including hospitals, long-term care, continuing care retirement communities and ambulatory care. It represents, defines and advances more than 2,300 professionals working to ensure high-quality outcomes and healthy communities.
The conference and exhibition provide value to professionals with an interest in the environment of care across the continuum, including:
- ES directors, managers and supervisors.
- Professionals in health care support services, including risk management and facility management, who are interested in expanding their ES and infection-prevention knowledge.
- Nurses, infection preventionists and other clinicians with an interest in the health care environment.
- Contractors, industry suppliers and manufacturers who want to expand their ES knowledge and reach.
- Over the three days of EXCHANGE 2018, attendees will have access to a wide variety of sessions and events, allowing them to:
- Engage with thought leaders who will shed light on how health care is being disrupted and rapidly transformed.
- Connect with a robust network of trusted professionals to enhance attendees’ experiences as health care professionals.
- Discover the test prognoses on global and emerging pathogens and diseases.
- Engage with peers to develop strategies to increase employee engagement and productivity while reducing staff turnover.
- Define and increase the ES team’s contribution to improving HCAHPs and reducing HAIs.
- Collaborate with industry suppliers and experience the latest tools, technology and products with the goal of helping ES staff to solve problems.
The program also will include a full schedule of pre-conference programs, including a workshop on value-based product evaluation and implementation, a workshop on the Certificate of Mastery in Infection Prevention for ES professionals, and a review course on the Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Professional credential. Additionally, the conference-within-a-conference event on the last day of EXCHANGE 2018 will explore the topic “Disrupting the Status Quo: The Health Care Revolution.”
Finally, the event will recognize health care ES professionals who have demonstrated outstanding leadership and performance.
Environment of care leaders have the vision, wherewithal and the experience to pave the way into the future and transform health care. But they must join their colleagues at EXCHANGE 2018 to become aware of the latest, most cutting-edge knowledge available to achieve these goals.
Complete information on the Association for the Health Care Environment’s EXCHANGE 2018 event can be accessed at www.ahe.org.