ASHE recently unveiled a new website that is easier to navigate and more mobile-friendly. The new site uses easy-to-read text and a responsive design to access information from smartphones.
It was also reorganized to enable members to find information more quickly.
Before launching the redesign, ASHE conducted a focus group and talked with several members about the previous version of the site. Many members said that ASHE’s website featured a wealth of information, but that it was sometimes difficult to navigate.
To improve access to resources, ASHE created a Resource Library to house documents, guidance, videos and other tools. Whether you’re looking for an article on controlling overtime costs or a video on designing hybrid operating rooms, the Resource Library is your go-to place.
The new site also contains a Member Corner where users easily can access top members-only benefits. Look for the Member Corner in the blue navigation bar to access resources such as:
• On-demand learning. This new Web page contains on- demand webinars and recordings from ASHE’s annual conferences. On-demand learning topics cover leadership and business; codes and standards compliance; and planning, design and construction.
• Inside ASHE magazine and management monographs. ASHE’s magazine is available in a convenient digital edition in addition to the print version mailed to members each quarter. ASHE members also have free access to PDF downloads of management monographs on a variety of topics.
• ASHE LISTSERV. This is an email-based forum where members can discuss challenges and offer best practices. Subscribe for peer-to-peer discussion if you haven’t already done so.
• Just Ask ASHE. Members can get expert interpretations on codes and standards issues by using Just Ask ASHE.
• Career Flash. ASHE’s job posting service is a favorite member benefit. The jobs are sent directly to members each week as part of the ASHE Insider e-newsletter, and are also available in the Member Corner area of the website.
• ASHE membership directory. Find contact information for a colleague or catch up with someone you met at an ASHE conference by using this directory.
Visit www.ashe.org to explore the new site design. Watch your weekly ASHE Insider newsletter for a survey requesting feedback about the new design, or let us know what you think by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deanna Martin is the communications manager at the American Society for Healthcare Engineering.
Important monographs available from ASHE
Following are two recently released monographs that can be accessed by ASHE members as free PDFs at www.ashe.org/resourcelibrary.
• HCAHPS Scores, the Patient Experience, and the Affordable Care Act from the Facility Perspective. This new ASHE monograph explores how the health care physical environment and facility professionals can improve patient satisfaction scores.
• Risk Assessment of Medical Equipment. A key part of the Joint Commission’s environment of care management plans, risk assessments of medical equipment are covered in this new ASHE monograph. It presents a framework for facilities professionals to follow.
Design guidelines available to industry through ASHE
The 2014 editions of the Facility Guidelines Institute’s Guidelines for Design and Construction of Hospitals and Outpatient Facilities and the Guidelines for Design and Construction of Residential Health, Care, and Support Facilities can be purchased at www.ASHEstore.com.