Facility: Langlade Hospital
Location: Antigo, Wis.
Architect: Eppstein Uhen Architects
The new Langlade Hospital in Antigo, Wis., is a 94,500-square-foot critical access hospital with 25 beds that replaces a facility built in 1933.
The new Catholic hospital, which is sponsored by the Religious Hospitallers of St. Joseph and affiliated with Aspirus, was designed to reinforce the connection to its history, mission and community.
The main entry highlights the hospital's heritage and religious mission with the focal point being stained glass from the original hospital's chapel, salvaged prior to demolition of the facility.
A large cherry tree from the original hospital site also was repurposed by local artist Tom Gallenberg into key art and furniture pieces throughout the lobby, chapel and public spaces.
To affirm the hospital's religious affiliation and promote reflective solace, a large-format wall mural graphically depicts the Beatitudes at the entry's clerestory.
To submit a Last Detail case for consideration, contact Jeff Ferenc at email@example.com.