At the ASHE Annual Conference in Denver last month, ASHE recognized outstanding members for their dedication to improving the health care physical environment.
The Crystal Eagle award, considered ASHE’s lifetime achievement award, was presented to Mark Kenneday, MBA, CHFM, FASHE, CHC, vice chancellor, campus operations, at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. Kenneday has inspired and mentored many facility professionals, and has helped promote the value of facility leaders to the C-suite.
The President’s Award was presented to Michael Hatton, RPA, SMA, SASHE, CHFM, vice president, Memorial Hermann Healthcare System. ASHE presented a Professional Service Award to Clark Reed, who directs the Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star Healthcare program. And ASHE recognized more than 10 recipients of the Ilse B. Almanza Scholarship Fund.
ASHE also recognized members who attained senior (SASHE) and fellow (FASHE) status within the organization. The new FASHE recipients are:
- Chad E. Beebe, AIA, CHFM, CFPS, FASHE, American Society for Healthcare Engineering, Chicago
- Michael A. Crowley, PE, FASHE, Jensen Hughes Inc., Houston
- Joseph A. Glaski, MBA, FASHE, Brand Services, Gales Ferry, Conn.
The following members are new SASHE recipients:
- Dennis Ford, SASHE, Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston
- Mark Fratto, PE, LEED AP BD+C, SASHE, Fratto Engineering Inc., Arlington, Texas
- Richard J. Gerger Jr., SASHE, CHFM, FF Thompson Health, Canandaigua, N.Y.
- Matthew L. Greis, SASHE, CHFM, St. Elizabeth Healthcare, Edgewood, Ky.
- David Lockhart, CHFM, CEM, SASHE, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, Calif.
- Donald G. Paschal, SASHE, CHFP, CPMM, LEED AP, Florida Hospital–Winter Park Memorial, Winter Park, Fla.
- Michael Roberts, SASHE, PE CHFM, CHE, Carolinas HealthCare System, Charlotte, N.C.
- Rick D. Scivally, CHFM, CHSP, CBCP, LEED AP, SASHE, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital H.E.B., Bedford, Texas
- Guy S. Shoaf Jr., BSBA CHFM, SASHE, Copper Queen Community Hospital, Bisbee, Ariz.
- John T. Wilson, SASHE, Parkland Health & Hospital System, Dallas
ASHE leaders also announced the following emerging regional leaders from each of its 10 regions:
- Region 1: Aaron Petty, CHC, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, N.Y.
- Region 2: Timothy J. Dunkle, CHFM, Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pa.
- Region 3: Martin A. Wheatley, CHE, CHFM, Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital, Greenville, Ky.
- Region 4: Don Gay, CHFM, Tift Regional Medical Center, Tifton, Ga.
- Region 5: Brittany R. Remec, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Ill.
- Region 6: Rick C. Edington, Kossuth Regional Health Center, Algona, Iowa
- Region 7: Tony L. Johnson, Acadian Medical Center, Ville Platte, La.
- Region 8: Chad L. Kruse, CHFM, Valley View Hospital, Glenwood Springs, Colo.
- Region 9: Herman Johannesmeyer, PE, CHFM, Banner University Medical Center Tucson (Ariz.)
- Region 10: Eric M. Rogers, Providence Health & Services, Renton, Wash.