The American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) of the American Hospital Association will recognize outstanding members for their dedication to improving the health care physical environment during its 54th Annual Conference & Technical Exhibition Aug. 6-9 in Indianapolis.
ASHE will present the Crystal Eagle Leadership Award to Rajendra N. Shah, P.E., MBA, CHC, BSME, CHFM, FASHE, corporate project and plant manager, at CarePoint Health, Jersey City, N.J. The Crystal Eagle is considered ASHE’s “lifetime achievement” award.
Shah has contributed to the field of health care facility management in a variety of ways, including leadership roles in ASHE and several ASHE-affiliated chapters. Shah has inspired many facility professionals over the course of his 35 years in the field.
ASHE will present the President’s Award to York Chan, CHC, SASHE, CHFM, facilities administrator, Advocate Health Care in Illinois. The award is presented at the discretion of the sitting ASHE president to an individual who goes above and beyond to optimize the health care physical environment,
Also at the conference, ASHE will recognize nearly 50 recipients of Ilse B. Almanza scholarships and members who attained senior (SASHE) and fellow (FASHE) status within ASHE.
The FASHE designation is bestowed on those who have been ASHE members in good standing for at least seven years and have supported ASHE through education, leadership and written contributions. New FASHE recipients are:
• Michael A. Hatton, RPA, SMA, FASHE with Memorial Hermann Health System, Houston
• Edmund L. Lydon, CHFM, FASHE, with Beverly (Mass.) Hospital, a member of Lahey Health System, Burlington, Mass.
• Terry M. Scott, MBA, CHFM, FASHE, with Memorial Hermann Health System, Houston
The SASHE designation is bestowed on ASHE members in good standing for at least five years and who have supported ASHE in terms of education and leadership. New SASHE recipients are:
• Laurie Anseth, CHFM, SASHE, with JLL/Main Line Health, Radnor, Pa.
• Alison W. Brisson, CHFM, SASHE, with Dartmouth-Hitchcock, Bedford, N.H.
• David L. Fashant, CHFM, SASHE, with Fairview Health Services, Edina, Minn.
• Kenneth Gibson, CHFM, SASHE, with Sodexo, San Diego
• Lynn Kenney Koffel, SASHE, with the Center for Health Design, Concord, Calif.
• Lennon A. Peake, SASHE, with Koffel Associates, Columbia, Md.
• Robby J. Robertson, SASHE, with Lahey Health, Burlington, Mass.
ASHE will recognize several members with the Emerging Regional Leader Award for their contributions to the fields of health care engineering and facilities management; planning, design and construction; safety; clinical and biomedical engineering; and technical management. They are:
• Region 1: Alison Brisson, CHFM, SASHE, Darthmouth-Hitchcock, Bedford, N.H.
• Region 2: Robert Decker, CHC, CHFM, CBRE/Medstar Harbor Hospital, Baltimore
• Region 3: Matthew C. Snow, P.E., Baptist Health Paducah (Ky.)
• Region 4: Thomas E. Gibson, CHFM, CHC, CHSP, Memorial Regional Hospital, Hallandale Beach, Fla.
• Region 5: Matt E. Royal, CHFM, CHC, Eskenazi Health, Indianapolis
• Region 6: Danielle Gathje, CHFM, JLL/HealthEast-St. John's Hospital, Maplewood, Minn.
• Region 7: Michael Joseph Wood, CHFM, CHSP, CHEP, Parkland Health & Hospital System, Dallas
• Region 8: Mark A. Sears, CHFM, Faith Regional Health Services, Norfolk, Neb.
• Region 9: Mark Morucci, CHFM, CHC, Kaiser Permanente Antioch (Calif.) Medical Center
• Region 10: Marnie Boomer, Providence Centralia (Wash.) Hospital