The American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) Annual Conference & Technical Exhibition will be July 15-18 in Seattle. With the theme of “Game Plan for the Future of Health Care Facilities,” the program includes business topics, compliance tactics, operational strategies, patient experience, support services, and planning, design and construction.
This conference attracts nearly 4,000 health care facility professionals from hundreds of the nation’s leading hospitals and health systems by providing them with an ideal environment to connect with colleagues while preparing for future trends and challenges in health care. Attendees also can earn up to 20.5 contact hours and gain valuable tools and resources to better navigate the health care landscape.
Now more than ever, the quantity and quality of a facility professional’s social network is critical to access and leverage people and information. The conference provides an opportunity to meet with health care facility managers, engineering professionals and others with critical roles in optimizing the health care physical environment, including:
- Health care facility professionals and plant managers. A shifting health care landscape requires health care facility managers to wear many hats and take on new responsibilities. The demand to do more with less is becoming a greater challenge. With this in mind, the conference is designed to give health care facility management professionals the tools they need to stay abreast of critical changes affecting the health care built environment, while discovering and honing leadership qualities that benefit their organization as a whole.
- Health care engineers and technicians. As times change, tools change — and so must knowledge and skills. With shifts in technology and increased pressure for more efficient facilities, health care engineers and technicians must expand their knowledge to optimize for greater efficiency and productivity. Sessions at the conference directly address these pressing issues, and guide them where to focus their energy.
- Health care safety and security professionals. The safety and security of patients and staff is a top priority for all health care facilities. The conference keeps safety and security professionals up-to-date on the latest priorities and plans to consider for protecting patients and staff.
- Health care administrators. An efficient and highly optimized health care facility can have a significant impact on a hospital’s overall bottom line. Senior administrators with the responsibility for health care facility management should plan to attend to gain strategic insights for how to assess and maximize facility efficiency.
- Construction and architectural and design professionals. Whether they’re listening to a case study presentation on Lean methodologies, learning about design trends for facilities or networking with prospective clients at one of the receptions, health care construction and design professionals will gain valuable knowledge and business connections.
In addition to a full schedule of pre- and post-conference programs, the meeting will recognize health care facility professionals with outstanding leadership qualities. Awards granted to ASHE members during general sessions of the conference include the Crystal Eagle Leadership Award, Excellence in Health Care Facility Management Award, President’s Award, Regional Leader Award, Senior (SASHE) and Fellow (FASHE) recipients, and Chapter Awards.
General sessions to focus on key leadership topics
With a program covering business topics, compliance tactics, operational strategies, patient experience, support services, and planning, design and construction, the American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) Annual Conference & Technical Exhibition, titled “Game Plan for the Future of Health Care Facilities,” will offer a wide range of learning opportunities. In addition, the conference will feature several thought-provoking general sessions, including:
- Lou Holtz, legendary football coach and analyst for ESPN, will present a message that transcends athletics. He focuses on people and the values that make relationships and organizations excel.
- “Recovery: The Long Road Ahead Following a Catastrophic Event” will include several facility professionals whose health care facilities have been involved recently in catastrophic events to discuss the road to recovery and share insight into how to prepare for this critical phase. Health care organizations have experienced a variety of catastrophic events, prompting increased emphasis on emergency preparedness. This session will provide attendees with the planning information they need.
- “A Safe Health Care Environment: Suicide, Self-Harm and Ligature-Risk Assessments” will present a panel of experts and regulatory authorities focusing on the process of risk assessment and mitigation of behavioral health patient-safety physical risks. Creating a safe physical environment for patients with behavioral health needs is a significant challenge for most health care facilities and this session will help attendees navigate through the issue.
- “Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Conditions of Participation (CoP) Interpretation Guidelines Overview” will feature a panel of subject matter experts to provide an overview of the latest guidance issued by the CMS. The panel will consist of CMS representatives, authorities having jurisdiction, and subject matter experts who will cover the latest interpretive guidance relative to the current CoP for acute and long-term care facilities.
- “Just Ask ASHE Codes and Standards Forum” will feature ASHE’s codes and standards experts who will discuss emerging codes and standards issues facing health care facilities and offer answers to specific questions. Attendees will be invited to ask questions about any codes and standards related to facilities.
Visit the American Society for Healthcare Engineering for more information on the Annual Conference & Technical Exhibition.