Article Images

The Presence Health-Healing Arts Pavilion, Romeoville, marks the second collaboration between developer Hammes Co., Brookfield, Wis., and Presence Health, Chicago.

Presence Health, Chicago, has opened a 30,000-square-foot senior ambulatory care center in a suburb southwest of the city.   

The Presence Health-Healing Arts Pavilion, Romeoville, marks the second collaboration between developer Hammes Co., Brookfield, Wis., and the health system. Presence opened a major care center in Chicago’s North Side last year.  

The newest health care facility is located in a quickly developing area with an increasing need for high-quality primary care, according to the developer.

Owned by Hammes Partners, the one-story ambulatory care center has 18 private exam rooms and a clinical laboratory. It offers a full range of diagnostic and imaging services, including X-ray, ultrasound, CT scanning, bone densitometry and mammography.

The facility also offers family- and visitor-friendly features such as a café with healthful food options and a gathering space with a fireplace.

Hammes Co. and Presence Health previously collaborated on the development of the 10-story Presence Center for Advanced Care in Chicago’s Lincoln Park area, which opened in October 2015.

“The Presence Healing Arts Pavilion project represents the second successful ambulatory care project in two years that we’ve completed with Presence Health, a relationship that is very meaningful to us,” says Michael Scholl, Hammes regional vice president of facility development.

“We are pleased that we could utilize a collaborative effort with the planning team that will make a meaningful difference to the lives of the patients and families, the physicians and the Romeoville community,” Scholl says.

“The Village of Romeoville is truly excited to welcome Presence Health,” says Mayor John Noak. “The Presence Saint Joseph team worked first to discover the needs of our community, and then set out to create a center expressly designed to address those needs. I think that says a lot about the character of the organization and its commitment to patient care.”

Hammes Co. and the project team broke ground on the project in November 2015 with fast-track completion in less than a year. The project team includes Chicago-based architecture firm Jensen & Halstead Ltd. and Woodridge, Ill.-based general contractor Morgan/Harbour Construction.

The facility is 100 percent leased by sole tenant Presence Health, the largest Catholic health system based in Illinois, and includes 150 sites of care with 11 hospitals.

In other health care facility news:

• Groundbreaking was held for the Jackson Health System’s new 210,000-square-foot José Milton Memorial Hospital, Doral, Fla.

The new facility will include a primary and specialty children’s clinic, an adult specialty clinic, imaging/diagnostics, an emergency department and a children’s ambulatory pavilion. 

Construction firm Robins & Morton and design firm Perkins+Will are key members of the project team. The new hospital is scheduled to open in late 2019. 

• Phase I construction of a new 95,000-square-foot medical office building in Irving, Texas, began with a recent groundbreaking. Phase II will consist of a 60,000-square-foot building that will include an ambulatory surgery center and medical office. Groundbreaking is projected to take place early next year.

MBRE Healthcare will own 80 percent of the initial building and the physicians of Healthcare Associates of Texas will own the remaining 20 percent of the first building and the entire second building.

• Denver-based NexCore Group, a national health care real estate developer, broke ground on a new three-story 63,289-square-foot women’s health center in Tampa, Fla.

Women’s Care Florida (WCF), a major specialty women’s health physician group, will offer comprehensive care while serving as a hub for other WCF care centers in western and central Florida.

The center will offer an array of women’s specialty health services, including maternal-fetal medicine, gynecology, urogynecology and ambulatory surgical services to its patients in the Tampa area.